- Any active (at least 3 years of service) or retired life (10 years of service) operational or administrative member of the Virginia Beach Volunteer Rescue Squad system who has applied to and been offered admission to an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree program of a fully accredited traditional college or university.
- Any immediate dependent of the aforementioned (active or retired life) members of the Virginia Beach Volunteer Rescue Squad system who has applied to and been offered admission to an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree program of a fully accredited traditional college or university.
- Ad Hoc Post Graduate Scholarship Grants would be awarded annually contingent yearly on excess funds from the undergraduate pool.
- All proceeds generated directly from the VBVRS own assets are to be earmarked for the VBVRS Family only. The matching funds from the Foundation are eligible for VBVRS Family and other members of the Volunteer Rescue Squads of VB, if additional funds exist.
Anyone may nominate an individual to receive this scholarship. Each applicant must have completed or be in good standing to graduate from a state accredited secondary school, state accredited home school program, or have acquired their GED. Must have a 2.7 GPA or higher from school in which they are currently enrolled. The application shall be mailed no later than March 15, 2022. Completed nomination forms, which are forwarded via electronic mail must be in the Virginia Beach Rescue Squad Foundation Office no later than 4:00 p.m., March 15, 2022. Nominations, which are forwarded via U.S. Postal Service, should be post-marked by March 15, 2022. Final decisions will be made by the committee by the end of June 2022.
Please mail or e-mail the nomination narrative, form, and school transcript to:
Virginia Beach Rescue Squad Foundation
Attn: Kathryn Cooke, Office and Gifts Coordinator
PO Box 9204
Virginia Beach, VA 23450
The Scholarship Selection will be undertaken by Foundation Staff and Squad Leadership, and will allocate awards based on the merits of each applicant and the amount of funding provided. The decision of this committee will be final. Award decisions will not be finalized until all supporting paperwork (i.e. college admission letters) have been received.
Annual Scholarships can range from $500 – $1,000. Scholarships may be renewed for up to 4 consecutive years provided all terms are met.
- Original (1st Year): $500 – $1,000
- Renewable yearly (up to 4 total years): $500 – $1,000 provided recipient maintains a 2.80 GPA and is considered a full-time student at his/her respective institution
Scholarship Awards Award shall take place at the end of March 2022.
The Virginia Beach Volunteer Rescue Squad and the Virginia Beach Rescue Squad Foundation are partners dedicated to maintaining a vibrant volunteer rescue squad system in the City of Virginia Beach. In order to continue to provide the highest quality of care, free of charge to patients, the organizations are committed to recognizing, retaining, and applauding the invaluable service that their dedicated volunteers provide to the community. The organizations recognize and honor the sacrifices that volunteers and their families make in order for the Volunteer Rescue Squads of Virginia Beach to operate at the highest possible level. The Langhorne & Pulley Scholarship Fund is a joint partnership designed to assist eligible volunteers and their immediate family members to continue their college education.