2019 Langhorne & Pulley Memorial Scholarship Recipients Announced
Awarded in partnership by VBVRS and VBRSF
April 30, 2019- Virginia Beach
The ten student recipients of the 2019 Langhorne & Pulley Memorial Scholarship have been announced. This memorial scholarship was created in 2008 and is co-funded by the Virginia Beach Volunteer Rescue Squad and the Virginia Beach Rescue Squad Foundation.
2019 Langhorne & Pulley Memorial $1,000 Scholarship Awardees:
- Courtney Barbero, Student at EVMS Station 14
- Maya Begovic, Student at Old Dominion University Station 14 (Sponsored by Tija Begovic)
- Roy Latham, Student at Arizona State University Station 5 (Sponsored by Serenity Latham)
- Rebecca Long, Student at Longwood University Station 14 (Sponsored by Jim Long)
- Heather Richardson, Student at EVMS Station 14
- Andrew Rosenblum, Student at Johns Hopkins University Station 14
- Anne Svejda, Student at EVMS Station 14
- Austin Tydings, Student at James Madison University Station 14 (Sponsored by Roy Tydings)
- Cole Tydings, Student at James Madison University Station 14 (Sponsored by Roy Tydings)
- Larry R. Utter, Senior at Landstown High School Marine Rescue Team (Sponsored by Larry J. Utter)
The Virginia Beach Volunteer Rescue Squad and the Virginia Beach Rescue Squad Foundation are partners dedicated to maintaining a vibrant volunteer rescue squad system in the City of Virginia Beach. In order to continue to provide the highest quality of care, free of charge to patients, the organizations are committed to recognizing, retaining, and applauding the invaluable service that their dedicated volunteers provide to the community. The organizations recognize and honor the sacrifices that volunteers and their families make in order for the Volunteer Rescue Squads of Virginia Beach to operate at the highest possible level. The Langhorne & Pulley Scholarship Fund is a joint partnership designed to assist eligible volunteers and their immediate family members to continue their college education.